About Us

Clarke Historical Library was founded in 1954, when Dr. Norman C. Clarke, Sr. donated his collection of historical books and other materials to his alma mater, Central Michigan University. The Clarke Historical Library emphasizes the preservation and collection of documents in three areas:
  • The history of Michigan and the Old Northwest Territory
  • Children's Literature
  • The archives of Central Michigan University
To read more about the history of the Clarke Historical Library, our collections, or our resources, please visit our website.

Hours of Operation Page on our website

Contact us at the Clarke:

Send reference questions or comments to:  clarke@cmich.edu

Office: (989) 774-3352
Reading Room and Reference Questions: (989) 774-3864
Fax: (989) 774-2160

Mailing Address:
Clarke Historical Library
250 East Preston Street
Park Library
Central Michigan University
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859

Central Michigan University Campus Map
We are located in the Park Library building in the heart of campus, first floor.